Attorney Sean Robertson
As a successful entrepreneur and attorney, Sean Robertson is a skilled negotiator. Elected as an Elite Attorney by his peers, he has an outstanding reputation as a tireless advocate for his clients. Whether you have a real estate closing or a business sale or a family law concern, Attorney Robertson can counsel and guide you through this process in an efficient manner.
Sean Robertson has over 15 years of experience in the following areas of law:
- Divorce and Family Law including spousal support, child support, and property division
- Real Estate Law including buyers and seller’s real estate closings and establishment of Series LLCs and asset protection strategies
- Estate Planning Law including the establishment of wills and trusts, retirement trusts, advanced asset protection, and wealth preservation techniques
- Business and Corporate Law including purchase and sale of franchises and business interests, the establishment of LLCs and Partnerships, and drafting of critical agreementsSean Robertson attended DePaul University College of Law and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. As Principal of Gateville Law Firm, Sean Robertson has significant business and financial acumen. As a frequent presenter at the National Business Institute, Attorney Robertson guides Attorneys and Accounts on Real Estate, Business, and Estate Planning topics demonstrating his skill, experience, and professional reputation.
- Illinois, 2004
Honors and Awards
- Elite Lawyer, 2018, 2019, and 2020
- Avvo, Top Attorney
- 10 Best, Estate Planning, 2018
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, B.A. Political Science
- Special Needs Trusts: Planning for Disabled Beneficiaries, National Business Institute (Nov. 2018)
- Retirement Plan Trust and Estate Planning, National Business Institute (Sept. 2019)
- Legal Due Diligence: Buying and Selling a Business, National Business institute (April 2019)
- Estate Administration from Start to Finish including Probate and Non-Probate Alternatives, National Business Institute (June 2019)
- Estate Planning 101 (Salvation Army)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Will County Bar Association and Kendall County Bar Association
- Joliet Chamber of Commerce, Former Ambassador
- Yorkville Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Mainstreet Organization of Realtors (2019-2020), Affiliate Member
Sean Robertson was selected as an Elite Lawyer by his peers. There are three steps to being voted as an Elite Lawyer:
- An advisory panel finds high-quality attorneys eligible for the Elite Lawyer Award. Attorneys are prohibited from nominating themselves or their law firms.
- The review and selection process by the Elite Lawyer Advisory Panel involving reviews, rates, and evaluates attorneys on their legal history, experience, and reputation.
- The third phase of the process involves the award and recognition phase. Only a small percentage of nominated attorneys make it to the final selection and recognition stage.