Paralegal Colleen Silay
Colleen Silay is a Paralegal with Gateville Law Firm.
She completed her associate degree in Criminal Justice Studies from Joliet Junior College. After said achievement, Colleen continued to pursue her interest in the legal field by completing a Paralegal Program through Boston University. Colleen’s numerous years of customer service experience and passion for legal administration provide for organization and fulfilling the needs for our clients. Colleen’s prior work experience in Condominium Law and Debt Collection brings a diverse aspect to our law firm, as well as being able to greatly provide for our eviction and real estate client matters. Colleen ensures that all client files are processed smoothly while creating positive experiences for all involved.
Colleen can assist you with the following areas of law:
- Real Estate Law: buyers and seller’s real estate closings and drafting of quit claim deeds.
- Estate Planning Law: establishment of wills and trusts, retirement trusts, advanced asset protection; special needs trust; and wealth preservation techniques.
- Asset Protection for Real Estate Investors: Set-up of LLCs and Partnerships; business and asset protection strategies to minimize liability concerns; and coordination of LLCs with Private Land Trusts.
- Wholesaling for Buyers, Sellers, and Real Estate Agents for Real Estate Investors
- Drafting of Real Estate Purchase Agreements and coordination of For Sale By Owner Transactions
- Drafting of LLCs and business documents for real estate investors and owners such as LLC Operating Agreements; Asset Purchase Agreements; Promissory Notes; Bylaws; Minutes and Attorney Opinion Letters.
- Use of Land Trust and Estate Planning Techniques for Real Estate Owners and Investors such as Private Land Trust, Living Trusts, and other probate saving techniques.
- Joliet Junior College, Associate Degree in Criminal Justice Studies
- Boston University, Paralegal Certificate