Christina Banyon is an Senior Associate Attorney with Gateville Law Firm.
Christina was admitted to the Illinois Bar in November 2004 and has over 16 years of experience. Christina earned her Juris Doctor degree from California Western School in San Diego and graduation within the top 10 percent of her entire graduating class. Christina was a recipient of the James Scholar Achievement Award. Christina graduated from the University of Illinois in 2001 earning her bachelors of science in health administration.
Christina was Vice President of La Raza, a non-profit organization which supports Chicano and Latino Lawyers in California. Also, Christina was on the Dean’s Honor List multiple times, she was a recipient of the Dean’s Merit Scholarship for Ethnic and Cultural Diversity, a recipient of the Dean’s Scholarship multiple times, and she earned numerous Academic Achievement Awards for receiving the highest grades in her courses and setting the academic curve.
During Law School Christina interned for the Federal Food and Drug Administration located in College Park, Maryland, where she assisted in the writing, revising, and implementation of the Bioterrorism Act of 2002.
After graduating law school, Christina was admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois. Further, Christina is admitted to practice law in the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois.
Christina first worked for Codilis & Associates, a large firm representing mortgage lenders and servicers. There, Christina was a bankruptcy associate who was handled a high-volume case load and presented multiple motions in court three to four days per week. She was responsible for court calls for three judges in Cook County. She also attended 341 meetings to ensure that client’s rights were not adversely affected in bankruptcy.
Thereafter, Christina joined the largest health care firm in the United States, Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. as an associate attorney. There she provided legal counsel to food and drug companies to ensure their compliance with the FDA and FTC regulations. She also assisted pharmaceutical companies in submitting and securing FDA drug approval. Christina then joined Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc. as in house corporate counsel supporting their Research and Development Teams.
Christina worked for a prominent family and divorce law firm in Joliet, Illinois for two years and concentrated in Will County Family and Dissolution of Marriage law including pre-decree and post-decree divorce and paternity matters. With a blended mix of experience, Christina became the owner and managing partner of her own law firm from September 2009 to the present. Christina specializes in family law, including complex and contested litigation, trial work, real estate, chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcy, business bankruptcy, and foreclosure defense.
CHRISTINA CAN ASSIST YOU WITH THE FOLLOWING AREAS OF LAW:
- - Family and Divorce Law including simple to complex high-asset and business-related pre-decree and post-decree dissolutions of marriage, divorce, child support, orders of protection, and child custody matters. Christina also can assist with child support enforcement and other simple to complex matters involving family and divorce law. Christina is also a Guardian Ad Litem for children as well where she assists Judges investigate and makes reports to the Judges.
- - Landlord Evictions concentrating in representing Landlords and Property Managers with respect to simple to complex evictions exclusively on behalf of Landlords. Christina also can assist Landlords with lifting Bankruptcy stays in federal court.
- - Foreclosure Defense including protecting home owners with regards to court proceedings involving foreclosure matters in state and federal courts.
- - Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Proceedings including Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings and Business Bankruptcies involving adversarial proceedings in federal court.
- - Illinois, 2004
- - California Western School, San Diego, California: J.D.
- - University of Illinois, Champaign, IL: B.A., 2001
- - Illinois State Bar Association
YORKVILLE AND KENDALL COUNTY ATTORNEYS
Gateville Law Firm is a boutique law firm for Yorkville and Oswego, Kendall County to Naperville and Aurora, DuPage County. The attorneys at Gateville Law Firm concentrate in the following areas:
Real Estate | Estate Planning | Evictions | Divorce & Family Law | Business Law | Foreclosure Defense | Bankruptcy Proceedings
Gateville Law Firm utilizes the latest technology; including use of cloud-based software with bank grade security, to provide our clients with secure and responsive access to their documents and encrypted communication to and from Gateville Law Firm.