Collecting Back Owed Child Support in Kendall County

Kendall County Child Support Attorneys

Collecting back owed child support in Illinois is a common problem for custodial parents. A Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage is a court order, which is entered reflecting the court-ordered agreement among spouses. Often, one spouse must petition the court to enforce a court-order, which addresses the issue of back-owed child support.
At the time of entry of a divorce, court orders are often entered for child support and an allocation judgment describing parental rights and responsibilities. Courts value court orders and a party can be in contempt of court when they fail to follow the terms of a court order.

Petition for Indirect Civil Contempt

A Petition for Indirect Civil Contempt is a legal pleading where the party is seeking the non-complying party to comply with a court order or face the civil penalty of contempt of court. Under 735 ILCS 5/12-107.5(a), the non-complying party must come to court and explain why the respondent shall not be held in contempt of court.
A Petition for Indirect Civil Contempt is a powerful legal tool to collect back-owed child support. The goal of filing a Petition for Indirect Civil Contempt is to force the non-complying party to begin compliance or find a way to resolve the matter where a body attachment is unnecessary. To comply with a court order, the divorce judge in Yorkville and Kendall County have the remedy of a body attachment as an incentive system to force the non-complying party to comply with the child support court order.

Skilled Kendall and Yorkville Divorce and Child Support Lawyers

Gateville Law Firm are skilled and experienced Kendall County Divorce and Child Support Attorneys helping parents dealing with child support enforcement issues. Our skilled and aggressive lawyers can assist you with the collection of child support in the Kendall County area including Oswego, Plainfield, Joliet, Plano, Aurora, Montgomery, Minooka, Yorkville, Newark, and Bristol.
Contact us at 630-780-1034 to assist you with your child support, parentage, or divorce matter.

Helpful? Share with others.