Paralegal Colleen Sandness
Colleen Sandness is a Paralegal with Gateville Law Firm.
She completed her associate degree in Criminal Justice Studies from Joliet Junior College. After said achievement, Colleen continued to pursue her interest in the legal field by completing a Paralegal Program through Boston University. Colleen’s numerous years of customer service experience and passion for legal administration provide for organization and fulfilling the needs for our clients. Colleen’s prior work experience in Condominium Law and Debt Collection brings a diverse aspect to our law firm, as well as being able to greatly provide for our eviction and real estate client matters. Colleen ensures that all client files are processed smoothly while creating positive experiences for all involved.
- Real Estate Law: buyers and seller’s real estate closings and drafting of quit claim deeds.
- Estate Planning Law: establishment of wills and trusts, retirement trusts, advanced asset protection; special needs trust; and wealth preservation techniques.
- Asset Protection for Real Estate Investors: Set-up of LLCs and Partnerships; business and asset protection strategies to minimize liability concerns; and coordination of LLCs with Private Land Trusts.
- Wholesaling for Buyers, Sellers, and Real Estate Agents for Real Estate Investors
- Drafting of Real Estate Purchase Agreements and coordination of For Sale By Owner Transactions
- Drafting of LLCs and business documents for real estate investors and owners such as LLC Operating Agreements; Asset Purchase Agreements; Promissory Notes; Bylaws; Minutes and Attorney Opinion Letters.
- Use of Land Trust and Estate Planning Techniques for Real Estate Owners and Investors such as Private Land Trust, Living Trusts, and other probate saving techniques.
- Joliet Junior College,Associate Degree in Criminal Justice Studies
- Boston University,Paralegal Certificate
Emily Schenberg is a Law Clerk with Gateville Law Firm.
Currently a second-year law student at Northern Illinois University, Emily Schenberg is focusing her studies on family law, estate planning, and business law. Graduating from the University of Missouri-Columbia, Emily has attained a purposeful passion for learning that drives her desire to succeed in all of her endeavors. Strong communication and efficient work comprise some of the core traits Emily values and uses every day at Gateville Law Firm.
Sierra Rast is a Law Clerk with Gateville Law Firm.
Sierra Rast graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 2018, with degrees in both Psychology and Criminology. Her passion for learning, law, and advocacy led her to law school in the Fall of 2019. She is currently a second-year J.D. student at Northern Illinois University College of Law, with interests in the areas of estate planning, family, and criminal law. Sierra has been working as a law clerk for various firms for the last 5 years, and has spent the last year at Gateville Law Firm.
Taelor Cooper is a Law Clerk with Gateville Law Firm.
Taelor Cooper graduated with honors from St. Ambrose University in 2018 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Forensic Psychology and Pre-Law. She is currently a second-year J.D. student at Northern Illinois University College of Law. Taelor has over 6 years of experience working as a paralegal in many different areas of law, including both criminal and civil, and has been working for Gateville Law Firm as a law clerk since August 2020. She has an interest in real estate and business law, which she plans to pursue upon graduating law school in May 2022.
Nick Waytula is a Law Clerk with Gateville Law Firm.
Nick Waytula graduated from Bradley University in 2018 with a degree in Accounting. He is currently a second-year J.D. student at Northern Illinois University College of Law, with interests in pursuing business and sports law upon graduation. Nick has been working as a law clerk for Gateville Law Firm since June, 2020.