Uncontested Divorce Attorneys
An uncontested divorce is a divorce where both spouses are seeking an agreement on the issues. Also known as a collaborative divorce, because both parties agree on all major issues or with the guidance of an experienced divorce lawyer want assistance on an uncontested divorce.
The best candidates for an uncontested divorce are the following:
- Spouses without children or have any children who are emancipated
- Spouses without significant financial holdings or liability concerns
- Parents who are concerned for their child or children and believe that an uncontested divorce is in their family’s best interests
The major issues of an uncontested divorce case in Illinois are the following:
- Property division and division of assets such as the marital home, retirement and pension allocations, child support, and other property division issues
- Child Support
- Division of Liabilities and Debts
- Retirement Income and Pension Allocation
- Real Estate Interests
- Spousal Support or otherwise known as “Alimony” or “Spousal Maintenance”
- Allocation of Parental Rights and Responsibilities including a parenting plan
Sean Robertson and the attorneys of Gateville Law Firm work cooperatively with clients and their spouses to recommend amicable agreements or in the alternative, refer the spouses to a divorce mediator, in order to resolve their differences.
CALL US TODAY AT 630-780-1034 or Via Email at Sean@GatevilleLawFirm.com