If you are planning on selling your home in Will County or the surrounding areas, hiring a skilled real estate lawyer is important. At Gateville Law Firm, we are a real estate closing law firm with offices in Naperville, Shorewood, and Yorkville. Our real estate lawyers and staff operate virtually and concentrate on real estate closings in the Will County and surrounding areas. We utilize the latest technology, internet, and phone to coordinate the home sales process for our seller clients. Our law firm has over 100 years of real estate experience. We coordinate with our title company, partners, and staff to provide a well-satisfying closing process for home sellers in Joliet, Plainfield, and Shorewood.
Real Estate Sale Process
The real estate process involves the following steps:
- Completion of the real estate purchase agreement
- Title ordering and examining and coordination of paying off existing home mortgages, lines of credit, transfer taxes and utility clearances through the cities
- Ordering surveys
- Coordination the homeowners’ association payoff and clearance letters
- Finalizing the home inspection and attorney review periods
- Drafting the closing documents so sellers can pre-sign the closing documents such as the Warranty Deed, Bill of Sale, Affidavit of Title and other important closing documents
- Home Appraisal Process
- Educating the sellers on the home sale process
- Ordering real estate broker commission statements (if applicable)
- Preparation of the real estate purchase agreement (for FSBOs)
The home selling process is a complicated process, which has many twists and turns. A qualified real estate lawyer understands how to navigate these twists and turns. We are advocates for our clients to secure their financial interests. A solid team of real estate attorneys and support staff is critical to a smooth home sale closing process.
Coordination of the Real Estate Process with Realtors, Clients, and Mortgage Professionals
Generally, the sale of the home process takes 30 to 45 days in most real estate transactions. Market conditions and timing also affect the home sale process. Most buyers with children want to be stable in their homes by the start of the school season. Our offices will coordinate the real estate process and keep your realtors and mortgage professionals informed of the progress of your real estate closing. Attorney Robertson is reputable and well-networked in the Joliet, Plainfield, and Shorewood areas. Attorney Robertson also has critical relationships with divorce attorneys, which is critical because many people selling homes have divorce judgments to honor. Unfortunately, hiccups occur and coordination of the home sale process with other professionals is sometimes necessary.
CALL YOUR WILL COUNTY REAL ESTATE LAWYERS TODAY AT 630-780-1034
Contact our experienced real estate attorneys and law firm today at 630-780-1034. We are available to answer your questions prior to the sale of your home or will promptly respond to your signed real estate purchase agreements. We are honored to assist home buyers and sellers with the American dream. Our law office speaks English and Spanish and we represent a diverse array of clients.